WISE Connections relies first on its volunteers to complete member requests; volunteers drive the success of this program, helping older adults to live well in their home and community.
If volunteers cannot complete a task, or if a member prefers to have a professional vendor, WISE Connections has a list of vetted and discounted vendors upon whom we can call.
While volunteer opportunities span a wide range, below is a sampling of volunteer opportunities within WISE Connections. New and interesting volunteer opportunities are always arising as WISE Connections aims to meet each member’s unique requests. Currently, volunteer opportunities for WISE Connections are located within the Los Angeles Westside, including Santa Monica, Mar Vista, Pacific Palisades and Marina-Venice. Please contact the volunteer coordinator to discuss opportunities and determine how you can best help the community's older adults.
Download the Volunteer application today!
Please return it to WISE Connections using one of the methods below and you'll be part of the Volunteer Community in no time!
2) Mail the form to us:
WISE & Healthy Aging
1527 4th Street, 2nd Floor
Santa Monica, CA 90401
3) Fax us: (310) 394-7152
Help Build WISE Connections
- Marketing and outreach
- Join Governing Council (leadership position)
- Host “living room chats”
Assist Your Neighbors
- Handyman services
- Computer / Tech Assistance
- Transportation (rides to events or special destinations – medical appt., airport, etc.)
- Pet Care
- Walking Buddy
- Personal Trainer / Fitness Coach (yoga, Pilates, exercise classes)
- Friendly Visiting
- Bill paying and financial services
- Grocery and meal assistance
Contribute Behind the Scenes
- Answer phones / interact with members
- Coordinate members’ requests and volunteers / service providers
- Plan and prepare for special events
- Manage membership databases and data entry