Pacific Palisades WISE Connections is part of WISE & Healthy Aging’s WISE Connections program, a nonprofit membership-based virtual community that supports aging in place for adults 50 and better in the greater Los Angeles area. The model is broadly based off of the “village” concept, which originated as a grassroots community effort in Boston’s Beacon Hill neighborhood and has been replicated around the country with over 120 communities actively engaged in developing “village” associations.
Who can participate?
Membership is for those ages 50 and better; however, all members of the community are encouraged to participate as volunteers and partake in the WISE Connections neighborhood activities.
What are the benefits?
WISE Connections serves as a one-stop shop to meet your needs. The goal is to simplify your life, enable you to feel confident in the services you receive, keep you active and socially connected and help you to age well and independently. Examples of benefits include:
- Single-source of referrals to pre-screened service providers
- Discounts on services
- Concierge services – help with scheduling appointments, making reservations, etc.
- Members-only website with access to service providers, directory of members, information on local happenings
- Members-only social events
- Volunteer opportunities
- Convenience services
- Health & wellness coordinated activities
- Peace of mind
- One phone number to call for any of your needs
- Someone to call when you don’t know what to do or who to turn to
- Help solving your problems
- Access to WISE & Healthy Aging’s established services
- Large range of services — Click here to see examples of services
How can I participate?
WISE & Healthy Aging is working with a group of your neighbors to start a WISE Connections in the Pacific Palisades. One hundred percent consumer driven, WISE Connections would like to understand your wants and needs. Please visit the following link to complete a survey that will help us to build out our programs to best serve the Pacific Palisades community:
If you would like to be involved in the leadership of Pacific Palisades WISE Connections, you have the opportunity to join the Advisory Council, a group of residents engaged in helping to shape this grassroots effort.
Access to the complete Pacific Palisades WISE Connections website coming soon....please check back!